From the Golf V Trendline to special models like the Golf V Goal or United: The Golf V combines comfort and safety with dynamism and driving pleasure. The BlueMotion version heralds the trend for particularly economic models. Whether it's Trendline, Comfortline, Sportline or individually configured: You'll find everything you need to know about the Golf V, right here.
For the very best cornering, the Golf V comes up trumps with the newly developed four-link rear suspension – and it will keep on surprising you with many more innovative highlights. Prepare to be amazed!
A wide track, large wheels and the sporty details on the vehicle body give your Golf V a powerful and dynamic look. What's more, the downward-sweeping bonnet is a real head-turner. But beauty alone is not enough: numerous design elements also make your journey safer. An example: the lane change assist warning lamp. All in tried-and-tested Volkswagen quality.
A versatile companion in both summer and winter: The new electromechanical power steering makes the journey in your Golf V even easier and safer. The steering system is adaptive, recognizes the driving situation and will only support you with steering when you need it – but when it does, it's always precise. Along with the stable vehicle body, up to eight airbags, ABS and an Electronic Stabilisation Programme turn your Golf V into your own personal bodyguard.
Thanks to the optimized McPherson front axle and a wide track, the Golf V is both comfortable to drive and extremely stable. It even tilts less to the side in the front axle area. To make sure your journey is a smooth one, the separately located dampers and springs absorb any bumps and knocks. Plus, the generous vehicle interior provides you with plenty of room and comfort, even on longer journeys.
Whether you're on the motorway or winding country roads, the four-link rear suspension will make sure your Golf V gives a dynamic performance. Even tight bends are no match for this vehicle, barely tilting to the side. What's more, it reacts to uneven roads with greater accuracy – and there's one more thing you'll sense: Pure driving pleasure.
It's reassuring to know you'll always find your way. Thanks to the radio navigation system with dynamic route guidance via RDS TMC, you can also listen to your favourite song along the way. The CD changer for up to 6 CDs guarantees hours of entertainment.
CD-radio, wooden steering wheel or heated seats: Each of our special features gives your Golf V a personal touch. For example, classic leather equipment, a sliding glass sunroof and a chrome package for a sparkling finish. Or give yourself even more space with a load-through hatch in the backrest. Make yourself comfortable.
With its range of ingenious technical features, the Golf V is just waiting to make your life easier. A couple of examples: The "Plus" multi-function display informs you of everything you need to know during your journey. The light and vision package makes sure you can see everything going on around you, and the rain sensor will automatically activate your wipers the second it feels the first drop.
Our Vehicle Certification Service relieves you of tedious formalities, time and steps in the process. Just let us take care of the vehicle safety inspection - as well as the trip to the garage and, if requested, any necessary repairs. Super convenient. Of course, the inspection is conducted by TÜV experts.
At Volkswagen there are two types of service interval: fixed and flexible. The question of which type is for you depends on your Golf V's equipment – either the vehicle registration document or your Volkswagen Partner can tell you which type applies to you. But before consulting either of those, you can start by finding out the details of the scope of service here.
Your tyres have to be the perfect match for your Golf V to ensure a good driving experience – and to be guaranteed insurance protection. How do you find the right size? Simply compare the information on your certification document with the numbers on the tyres. Find out here exactly what the numbers and letters mean.
For a breath-taking look and high degree of functionality, for more comfort and protection, for tech fans and those with an eye for detail: Only with the Volkswagen Genuine Accessories does the Golf V become truly personal.
Shatter-proof plastic windscreen, exquisite side skirts and a rear apron with integrated diffuser: These additional specification options provide the perfect finish to your Golf V's sporty and dynamic appearance. Find out here exactly what that looks like.Shop the item
Are you a sports enthusiast? Then make sure your Golf V is ready for the next challenge! Discover the diverse transportation options for sports equipment and luggage.Shop the item
A rich sound surrounds you while you drive safely and relaxed to your next destination. Radio, navigation system, air conditioning system – with these systems, perfectly coordinated to your Golf V, every journey will be pure joy. All devices in a single click.Shop the item
The Volkswagen Genuine Accessories Child Seats meet the high safety standards required for young Golf fans aged 0 to 12 years. Practical: With the ISOFIX retaining rings on the rear seat bench and the front passenger seat (optional), your Golf V can accommodate up to 3 children as passengers.Shop the item
Perfectly matched to your Golf V: With Volkswagen Genuine and Economy Parts. you'll be safely and comfortably back on the road following any repairs or maintenance work.
There's no need to learn the owner's manual for your Golf V off by heart, that goes without saying. However, these tips are worth their weight in gold – they'll make life with your Golf V a great deal easier.
1. Vehicles with 4-wheel drive (4MOTION) may be towed with a tow-bar or a tow-rope. If the vehicle is towed with a raised front or rear axle, the engine must be switched off, otherwise the drive train may become damaged.
2. Incorrectly connected jump leads can cause considerable damages to the vehicle electrics.
3. If a securing clip is replaced by a stronger securing clip, damages may occur at a different point in the electrical system.
1. Never remove snow or ice from the windows and mirrors with warm or hot water – you risk cracking the glass!
2. Switch off the rain sensor before you enter a car wash in the vehicle.
3. The filaments of the rear window heating are located on the inside of the rear window. In order to avoid any damages, do not stick any stickers over the filaments and never clean the inside of the rear window with corrosive or acidic cleaning products or other chemicals.
4. Cleaners that contain solvents, hard sponges and other sharp-edged items damage the graphite coating during the wiper blade cleaning process.
5. If you do not correctly fit the rubber covers or plastic caps on the headlight housing after changing the bulbs, damages to the electrical system may occur as a result of water trickling into it.
6. Spot on with the coming home and leaving home functions. There'll be no tripping over on your way to the front door, even in the dark. Simply choose how long you would like your headlights to remain illuminated after getting out of the car, enabling you to easily find your way to the door. If you press "unlock" again later, they'll come on again straight away.
1. You should never try to remove dirt, mud or dust when the vehicle surface is dry; do not use a dry cloth or sponge either, as this may damage the vehicle's paintwork or windows. Soak the dirt, mud or dust with plenty of water.
2. In order to function properly, the parking aid requires the sensors in the rear bumper to be kept clean and clear of ice. If you are cleaning your vehicle with high pressure cleaners or steam jets, you should only spray the sensors directly for a very short time and always from a distance greater than 10 cm.
3. Matt-painted parts or plastic parts must not be treated with polishing agents or hard waxes.
4. Never apply abrasive cleaning products when treating chrome components.
5. How to check your maintenance interval: Switch on the ignition. Important: The engine must not be running. Set the trip metre to zero and hold down the reset button for approximately 2 seconds. You will then see how many days and kilometres you have left before the next inspection. The trip metre will then return to the previous value.
6. Check your Golf V live with us. Hot tip for everyone who wants to see their Golf V through the eyes of a professional: At your next service appointment, book yourself in for our free of charge Dialogue Reception Service and we'll check your Golf V together.